C34 - IEEE 1588 Grandmaster Controller
- Timing and Synchronization
- Edge Grandmasters
- Telecom Network clients
- Cellular Base Stations
- Industrial Automation
- Power Grids
- Test and Measurement
- Sensor Networks
- Low Power GPS time to Ethernet converter.
The C34 is an Application Specific controller for time and frequency synchronized applications. Its outstanding features stem from the ability to analyze and act on gate level, in real-time. The central functionality of the integrated circuit is delivered by its hardware based TimeStamp Engine (TSE). The component integrates an advanced operating system environment which enables software to access the timestamping process in a flexible way.
On top of the TSE and platform software a protocol stack and loop control software is running for the implementation of the IEEE 1588-2008 standard. The true strength of the component is the combination of very efficient hard- and software to enable this accuracy.
A slave application on the basis of the C34 can leverage the components ability to manage the complete TCP/IP and UDP stacks up to 16 Mbit/s. It can share the same IP address as the local network processor up to 60 Mbit/s. This is done while running the time and synchronization stack for IEEE 1588 up to and beyond the recommended sync rates of the new version 2 standard.
The C34 dramatically reduces the cost, power budget and board space for time and frequency synchronization. The IC embeds a complete software platform including real-time operating system, flash file system, TCP/IP communication stack, FTP and web server. For the IEEE1588 protocol version 2, a software stack with full ordinary clock implementation is integrated.
- Hardware Timestamp Engine (TSE)
- Three RS-232 ports (CMOS levels)
- SPI port
- Reference input (PPS from GPS)
- PPS and frequency output
- Up to 18.5 Mbit/s sustained UDP throughput with 1 Hz synch rate
- Supports 60 Mbit/s data paths
- Capacity to send up to 512 synchronization messages per second
- Max 80 mW power consumption.
The GPS driver of the C34 enables the design of UTC referenced Grandmasters in IEEE 1588, or, GPS synchronized slaves using IEEE 1588 as backup. In case of a GPS signal failure, the platform will enter a holdover mode, or, if connected to a IEEE 1588 network, a master/slave mode.
A top level system API enables customers to add applications to make use of the precise time besides the application of a disciplined clock. The local precise time can be used by the software, or, directly by external hardware through the many GPIO ports of the device. The time signal presentation to the external is very precise, since it has no jitter caused by instruction execution.
The DK4 and DK5 are complete kits for the development environment of Conemtech's connected embedded controllers where IEEE 1588 is used for time synchronization. The kit is intended for the development of compact grandmasters, high precision slaves or ordinary clocks in the IEEE1588 network. The DK kits consists of either a P40 or a P50 OEM board with processor modules mounted on socket boards with PHY and connectors, a trace adapter for real-time debugging and software. An integrated development environment enables the application designer to manage projects with configurations for different clock modes and precisions. The dimensions are 85x54 and 120x60 mm respectively.
- High Performance C3 Core
- Supply Voltage 3.0 – 3.6V, optional 1.8V
- Typical power consumption at 167 MHz:
- core 42 mW at 1.8V
- external memory driver and I/O 20 mW
- Max power consumption 80 mW
- 80 Input/Output pins with tri-state support
- Clock frequency up to 167 MHz
- Package 12x12 mm BGA 180, pitch 0.8 mm
- Operating temperature -40 to +85 °C
- RoHS compliant.
Availability - Form Factors
- C34 Protocol Controller for IEEE1588 Grandmaster - Integrated Circuit
BGA180 package, Industrial Temp
- M20-34 Protocol Controller for IEEE 1588 for Grandmaster - Reference Module 24 x 45 mm
C34 based processor module complete with 8 MB SDRAM and 2MB Flash, 8-24V supply
- M50-34 Systems Module for IEEE1588 for Grandmaster - LCC 84 package, 29 x 29 mm
C34 based system module with 1x PHY interface and 1x RMII interface, 8 MB/2MB memory
- DK4 Development Kit - 1x Ethernet
- DK5 Development Kit - 2x Ethernet
Log in visitors can connect to Data sheet.
Conemtech may make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time, without notice.