The Operating System Kernel and its ancestor
Rubus JOS is a real-time operating system kernel designed for
Conemtech processors. It combines the robustness of a static operating environment with the dynamics of eg. Java programming. The services
supported are based on the ANSI/IEEE standard 1003.1 (POSIX). Rubus JOS
has emanated from Rubus® OS kernel designed by Arcticus Systems for the
automotive industry. In the new Rubus JOS resources are allocated
dynamically at run-time, whereas the Rubus
OS resources are allocated statically, pre-run-time, for maximum
By supporting the two RTOS kernels for the Conemtech processor a broad
range of real-time systems in different application segments as
Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics and Automotive can be
Rubus JOS - Conemtech Target version
The features of Rubus JOS on Conemtech processors are:
- Supporting several application simultaneous programs, several parallel processes
- Support management of an unlimited number of threads (in respect of
- Thread synchronization via signals and semaphores (Mutex)
- Message passing via Message Queues
- Supports the unique event handling mechanism of the Conemtech processors
(interrupts and services)
- The services are accessed via a trap, thus enabling the RTOS to be
separated from the applications
- Supports on-line scheduling and several scheduling policies,
priority, periodic and asynchronous scheduling policies. The thread
having the highest priority at a given time is selected for execution
- Supports advanced features for analysing and supervising at run-time
- Integrated in the Developer environment.
To build the complete system software of the Conemtech platforms, the
Rubus JOS is merged by a file system, a number of drivers, support for
TCP/IP, and peripherals. For programmers wanting to access the
operating system directly the Rubus JOS kernel has an API defined in C
well documented in the Developer On-line help.
- The Rubus JOS is included in the software profiles of the Developer version 7 and higher.
Conemtech may make changes to specifications and
product descriptions at any time, without notice.
Rubus is a
registered trademark of Arcticus Systems.